To empower your evolution of body, mind, heart and soul, it’s helpful to understand the key practices of ITP, designed to help you achieve your long-term goals for healthy transformation.
As you begin your journey, it’s also important to be familiar with two overarching principles to guide you as an ITP practitioner:
ITP isn’t a quick-fix approach and you are your own authority.
ITP Kata: The Tao of Practice
The Kata is a series of movements that exercise body, mind, heart and soul. Inspired by the martial art of aikido, yoga and strength training, this moving meditation activates all muscle groups and joints, as well as stimulates deep breathing and relaxation throughout the 45 minute series of movements.
Leonard Energy Training
Leonard Energy Training exercises were developed by fifth-degree black belt sensei and ITP co-founder George Leonard and are based on the art and practice of aikido. LET provides a platform for increasing awareness, identifying reactive patterns and finding skillful means to respond under pressure in everyday life situations.
The Power of Affirmations
Affirmations are clear and concise statements focusing on your best conscious efforts on transformation of body, mind, heart, and soul. ITP practitioners make at least one affirmation every 6-12 months toward significant positive change within yourself. These affirmations are then integrated into your daily practice.
Welcome to the ITP Community
There’s a profound value of an Integral Transformative Practice community in fostering lifelong learning and growth. It can create the context and confidence for your ongoing evolution, and create a close-knit network of people to celebrate with throughout the journey.
Checklist of Next Steps to Start Your Practice
Now that you’re familiar with the core components of ITP, it’s time to dive in. The checklist below will help you outline your next steps. Have questions about getting started? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Visit the ITP International website library and browse the many helpful articles and resources: http://www.ITP-International.org/library
- Subscribe to the newsletter to receive ITP quarterly newsletters and other announcements
- Join the ITP International Facebook Page and Group (Once on group page, click ask to join button and we will be notified to approve your request)
- Read the book The Life We are Given (you can visit the ITP Bookstore to purchase a copy)
- Watch the DVD video The TAO of Practice and begin learning and practicing the ITP Kata (you can visit the ITP Bookstore to purchase a copy)
- Register and attend an ITP workshop, program or event
- Visit our ITP Community page to connect with fellow practitioners and consider becoming an ITP member
- Gather an informal ITP Group to meet on a regular basis to read and discuss The Life We Are Given and practice the ITP Kata
- Attend our Integral Leadership Program – designed for community leaders
- Join the Online Journey of Practice Series (contact us to find out about next series)
- Create your next action here: __________________________________________
Please contact us with your comments and questions –– we are here to support you.
Download your personal copy of the Practice Checklist.
“Just to consider getting started expands your vision and lifts your spirit. Taking the all-important first steps with a sincere heart can be a sort of enlightenment.”