ITP is rooted in community - passing along practice and knowledge to one generation after another, leading practitioners to transform themselves, and our world, for the better. Our world is becoming more complex and dynamic, our circles are expanding, our challenges requiring greater conscious participation. The values embodied in ITP’s practice can only become more and more relevant.
We can assure the long-term legacy of founders George Leonard and Michael Murphy - and make sure our community can be leaders in tomorrow’s way forward - by making individual commitments to our future. By becoming a member of the The George Leonard Legacy Circle, you are encircling your legacy with those of other ITP members, practitioners, and our founders. You are ensuring the future of ITP’s mission while making responsible financial choices for your family and your estate. Contribute your legacy and your own vision to the future of ITP!
- Offer long-term support for the work of ITP as the global need for conscious practice increases - while provide for your family and heirs
- Make a larger charitable gift than you could from immediate income or annual giving
- Reduce your income tax and possibly capital gains taxes
- Make a gift to ITP and earn interest income at the same time, without giving up needed assets or resources
Who Can Join?
Anyone who has provided for ITP in a planned giving vehicle, including wills, trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, life insurance, bequests of appreciated stock, annuities, and more. Many of these can be activated during your lifetime - offering your income and immediate tax benefits.
What are the Benefits of Joining?
Besides the particular tax and financial benefits of your particular gift structure, you will become part of a special community here at ITP. We will offer The George Leonard Legacy Circle members the chance to gather together at least once per year - often more - for special events, dinners, workshops, and other unique ITP experiences.
What Type of Planned Giving Model is Right for Me?
To make the best decision, speak with your financial advisor or attorney. But here are some tips:
- Are you a younger supporter, still building your estate, or not ready to make a significant gift? Consider including ITP in your will or as a beneficiary of your life insurance plan.
- Want to support ITP now or after death, but need income from your savings and assets? A Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust might work for you.
- Do you want to assure your family inherits assets, but you want to use some of those assets now to support ITP on a regular basis? Look into a Charitable Lead Trust.
How Can I Join?
If you would like more information or have already made arrangements with your financial advisor and/or attorney, just let us know. We would love to include you in The George Leonard Legacy Circle. It is that simple!
Contact us about Legacy Giving